Entity

Time filter

Source Type

Shanghai, China

Yang T.K.,Dalian University of Technology | Zheng Y.,Wilmar Global Randnter
International News on Fats, Oils and Related Materials | Year: 2016

The consumption of edible oils in China has increased considerably during the past decade. In 2014, 29.7 million metric tons (MMT) of edible oils were consumed. Soybean oil continues to be the primary vegetable oil, accounting for 42% of the total oil consumption, followed by rapeseed oil (21%) and palm oil (15%). These three major oils account for 78% of the total consumption, and cottonseed oil, peanut oil, and other minor oils account for the remaining 22% (Table 1). Source


Jala R.C.R.,Wilmar Global Randnter | Hu P.,Wilmar Global Randnter | Yang T.,Wilmar Global Randnter | Jiang Y.,Wilmar Global Randnter | And 2 more authors.
Methods in Molecular Biology | Year: 2012

Structured lipids (SL) are broadly referred to as modified or synthetic oils and fats or lipids with functional or pharmaceutical applications. Some structured lipids, such as triglycerides that contain both long-chain (mainly essential) fatty acids and medium- or short-chain fatty acids and also artificial products that mimic the structure of natural materials, namely human milk fat substitutes and cocoa butter equivalents, have been discussed. Further, other modified or synthetic lipids, such as structured phospholipids and synthetic phenolic lipids are also included in this chapter. For all the products described in this chapter, enzymatic production in industry has been already conducted in one way or another. Cocoa butter equivalents, healthy oil containing medium-chain fatty acids, phosphatidyl serine, and phenol lipids from enzyme technology have been reported for commercial operation. As the demand for better quality functional lipids is increasing, the production of structured lipids becomes an interesting area. Thus, in this chapter we have discussed latest developments as well as present industrial situation of all commercially important structured lipids. © 2012 Springer Science+Business Media New York. Source

Discover hidden collaborations