Entity

Time filter

Source Type

TVE
Netherlands

We show the results of a study about the presence of multimedia content in the leading Spanish online newspapers, over a period of six months (October 2009 to March 2010) and describe the search and retrieval systems for these contents. The main conclusions are: unequal presence of photography, video and graphics; stability and no increase in multimedia features for the period of the study, and differences in the quality of multimedia search. Source


Aguilar-Gutierrez M.,TVE | Lopez-De-Solis I.,TVE
Profesional de la Informacion | Year: 2010

The arrival of the digital revolution has modified TVE's production system, as occurred in other broadcast companies all over the world. This essay offers a view of the daily workflows in a Spanish national television newsroom, and how the work-team manages information used to produce daily news programs. Media librarians are responsible for dealing with the incoming media and creating metadata and locators to facilitate searching/recovery processing and guide the department responsible for media selection and transfer to the digital library. In this digital newsroom, a new professional profile, the media manager, has emerged to manage the production and broadcasting servers. Media librarians who work in these environments must have a broad general knowledge of all the processes involved, as well as the work done by everyone who participates in them and the tools that are used. Source


Munoz-De-La-Pena-Costero P.,TVE | Meana-Alonso S.,TVE | Saez-Carreras S.,TVE
Profesional de la Informacion | Year: 2014

TVE (Spanish public TV) news services have undergone a great changeover to a digital production system. The current situation after five years of experience is described, along with the evolution of tools, procedures and professional profiles during this time. The new design of content management is described, understood as the control of media from the point of entry to the production system to recovery from the digital file for reuse. In the center of this cooperative and integrated approach to content management is the content manager, that structures the system and the articulation between the different components. At the beginning of 2009, 100% of the Archive material came from videotape recordings. In 2012, only 18%: the other 82% were restorations from digital Archive. Source

Discover hidden collaborations