Entity

Time filter

Source Type

Tangshan, China

Wang Y.,Tangshan Cancer Hospital | Zhao Y.,Tangshan Cancer Hospital | Yue H.,Tangshan Cancer Hospital | Yu Y.,Tangshan Cancer Hospital
Cancer Research and Clinic | Year: 2014

Objective: To compare concurrent chemoradiotherapy and sequential therapy effect on serum MMP-2 and TGF-B1 in local advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).Methods: From 2010 January to 2012 December, 64 IIb and IIIB stage patients widi pathologically confirmed NSCLC were randomly divided into concurrent chemoradiotherapy group (group A) and sequential therapy group (group B). Each group had 32 patients. Group A was treated with three-dimensional conformal radiotherapy and concurrent chemotherapy with TC or EP. Group B received TC or EP regimen chemotherapy after three-dimensional conformal radiotherapy. Serum MMP-2 and TGF-B1 on those patients from preradiotherapy, radiotherapy in one month to post-treatment were measured by enzyme-linked immunoabsorbent assay. The dynamic changes of MMP-2 and TGF-β1 were compared.Results: The remission rates in groups A and B were 90.6 % and 68.8 %, the effective rate of treatment in group A was better than that of group B (x2 = 4.730 0, P = 0.029 6). The long-term effect analyzed with Kaplan-Meier method, the median time to tumor progression (TTP) were 9.1 months and 8.2 months, there was no statistically significant difference (P = 0.100 3). The overall survival rates between two groups after the Log-rank test had significant difference (P = 0.048), the median survival time (MST) were 17.8 and 15.9 months, 1 year OS rates were 65.05 % and 60.24 %, 2 years OS rates were 49.45 % and 43.07 %. The MMP-2 level of A group and B were (276.5 ±98.2) μg/ml and (263.9±103.5) μg/ml, there was no significant difference (t = 0.499 6, P = 0.619 1) before radiotherapy, they were (242.1±53.2) μg/ml and (298.7±68.4) μg/ml after radiotherapy, there was significant difference (t = 3.694 9, P = 0.005) and after treatment were (60.5 ±24.4) μ-g/ml and (75.2 ±30.7) μ-g/ml, there was significant difference (t = 2.120 5, P = 0.038 0). The TGF-β1 level of A group and B were (1 624.3± 454.2) ng/ml and (1 564.9±517.8) ng/ml, there was no significant difference (t = 0.208 6, P = 0.835 4) before radiotherapy, they were (1 383.5 ±469.3) ng/ml and (1 785.3 ±412.6) mg/ml after radiotherapy, there was significant difference (t = 3.637 3, P = 0.006 0) and after treatment were (610.5±215.4) ng/ml and (750.3± 263.7) ng/ml, there was significant difference (t = 2.322 6, P = 0.023 5).Conclusions: Concurrent chemoradiotherapy could effectively antagonize radiation-induced MMP-2 and TGF-β1 expression increased in locally advanced NSCLC. This study suggests that the concurrent chemoradiotherapy can inhibit abilities of tumor invasion and metastasis through decreasing the MMP-2 and TGF-β1 levels. Source


Li Y.,Tangshan Cancer Hospital
Cancer Research and Clinic | Year: 2014

Objective: To evaluate the efficacy and survival rate of neoadjuvant chemotherapy with docetaxe and pirarubicin in triple negative breast cancer (TNBC). Methods: Total 51 breast cancer patients were divided into TNBC group (n = 26, including 16 of stage II and 10 of stage III patients) and non-TNBC group (n = 25, including 14 of stage II and 11 of stage III patients). All patients received a median of 4 treatment cycles with TAC regimen [docetaxe 75 mg/m 2 on day 1, pirarubicin 40 mg/m2 on day 1 and cyclophosphamide (CTX) 500 mg/m2 on day 1 of each 21 day cycle]. The efficacy of treatment and survival rate of two groups were evaluated. Results: In TNBC group, 9 out of 26 (34.62%) patients achieved clinical complete response (cCR), and 14 (53.85%) had partial response (cPR). Overall, 88.46% of TNBC patients had clinical response and 26.92% (7/26) showed pathology complete response (pCR). In non-TNBC group, 6 (24.00%) patients reached cCR and 8 (32.00%) showed cPR. The overall response rate was of 56.00%, and 4 (16.00%) patients achieved pCR. The overall 3-year survival rates in TNBC and non-TNBC groups were 73.08% and 88.00%, respectively, indicating a poorer prognosis of TNBC. The 5-year survival rates of TNBC patients with and without pCR were 88.89% and 47.06%, respectively. Conclusion: TAC regimen improves the prognosis for locally advanced TNBC, indicating that the neoadjuvant chemotherapy is effective and safe for TNBC patients. Source

Discover hidden collaborations