Sri Venkateshwaraa Medical College Hospital and Research Center Pondicherry

Sri Mādhopur, India

Sri Venkateshwaraa Medical College Hospital and Research Center Pondicherry

Sri Mādhopur, India

Time filter

Source Type

Karthikeyan V.S.,Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research | Ansari M.G.,Sri Venkateshwaraa Medical College Hospital and Research Center | Suresh R.,Sri Venkateshwaraa Medical College Hospital and Research Center | Easwaran B.,Sri Venkateshwaraa Medical College Hospital and Research Center Pondicherry
BMJ Case Reports | Year: 2015

Foreign body (FB) ingestion is a common problem in children. Up to 90% of these FBs pass spontaneously. FBs reaching the stomach usually pass out spontaneously. Exceptions to this spontaneous passage include a long FB that cannot cross the pylorus, duodenum or ileocaecal junction. We present a case of a 9-year boy who accidentally ingested a long paper pin, which spontaneously passed in 26 h. This case is being reported to highlight the successful spontaneous passage of a 4 cm long sharp foreign body in a child. © Copyright 2015 BMJ Publishing Group. All rights reserved.

Loading Sri Venkateshwaraa Medical College Hospital and Research Center Pondicherry collaborators
Loading Sri Venkateshwaraa Medical College Hospital and Research Center Pondicherry collaborators