Laboratory of Crop Heterosis and Utilization

Beijing, China

Laboratory of Crop Heterosis and Utilization

Beijing, China
SEARCH FILTERS
Time filter
Source Type

Guan X.,China Agricultural University | Guan X.,Laboratory of Crop Heterosis and Utilization | Guan X.,Beijing Key Laboratory of Crop Genetic Improvement and Genome | Yuyama N.,Forage Crop Research Institute | And 8 more authors.
Frontiers in Plant Science | Year: 2017

To assess the genetic diversity and population structure of Lolium species, we used 32 nuclear simple sequence repeat (SSR) markers and 7 cytoplasmic gene markers to analyze a total of 357 individuals from 162 accessions of 9 Lolium species. This survey revealed a high level of polymorphism, with an average number of alleles per locus of 23.59 and 5.29 and an average PIC-value of 0.83 and 0.54 for nuclear SSR markers and cytoplasmic gene markers, respectively. Analysis of molecular variance (AMOVA) revealed that 16.27 and 16.53% of the total variation was due to differences among species, with the remaining 56.35 and 83.47% due to differences within species and 27.39 and 0% due to differences within individuals in 32 nuclear SSR markers set and 6 chloroplast gene markers set, respectively. The 32 nuclear SSR markers detected three subpopulations among 357 individuals, whereas the 6 chloroplast gene markers revealed three subpopulations among 160 accessions in the STRUCTURE analysis. In the clustering analysis, the three inbred species clustered into a single group, whereas the outbreeding species were clearly divided, especially according to nuclear SSR markers. In addition, almost all Lolium multiflorum populations were clustered into group C4, which could be further divided into three subgroups, whereas Lolium perenne populations primarily clustered into two groups (C2 and C3), with a few lines that instead grouped with L. multiflorum (C4) or Lolium rigidum (C6). Together, these results will useful for the use of Lolium germplasm for improvement and increase the effectiveness of ryegrass breeding. © 2017 Guan, Yuyama, Stewart, Ding, Xu, Kiyoshi and Cai.


Song Y.,Laboratory of Crop Heterosis and Utilization | Song Y.,Beijing Key Laboratory of Crop Genetic Improvement | Song Y.,Key Laboratory of Crop Genetic Improvement and Genome | Song Y.,China Agricultural University | And 24 more authors.
Grassland Science | Year: 2011

A molecular linkage map was developed for the tetraploid orchardgrass (Dactylis glomerata L.) from an F 1 pseudo-testcross population of 76 individuals derived from the cross between two individual plants of Akimidori, a Japanese cultivar and Loke, a Swedish cultivar. Two simple sequence repeat (SSR)-based parental linkage maps were constructed from 314 polymorphic homologous SSR markers derived from the same species. The Akimidori map consisted of 24 linkage groups (LGs) and had a total length of 562cM, with 168 loci and an average map density of 3.3cM. Five homologous LGs were detected on this map. The Loke map consisted of 26 LGs and had a total length of 745cM, with 227 loci and an average map density of 3.3cM. Seven homologous LGs were detected on this map. A consensus map with seven homologous LGs was developed from these using TetraploidMap software based on the double-simplex (segregated as 3:1) and duplex (segregated as 5:1) markers. This is the first linkage map of the tetraploid Dactlysis and these maps will be useful for quantitative trait locus (QTL) analysis, marker-assisted selection and breeding for important traits in orchardgrass in the future. © 2011 The Authors. Grassland Science © 2011 Japanese Society of Grassland Science.

Loading Laboratory of Crop Heterosis and Utilization collaborators
Loading Laboratory of Crop Heterosis and Utilization collaborators