Kaliningrad, Russia
Kaliningrad, Russia

Time filter

Source Type

Petrova N.A.,Russian Academy of Sciences | Vinokurova N.V.,Russian Kant State University | Danilova M.V.,Russian Kant State University | Sharton A.Yu.,Russian Kant State University
Tsitologiya | Year: 2011

This paper present the map of polytene chromosomes and inversion polymorphism of widely distributed Chironomidae species, Camptochironomus tentans, from the most western locality of Russia - Kaliningrad city. Chromosomes banding pattern is designated according to Beermann, 1955. Only one larva (2.9%) had a standard banding pattern, and karyotypes of the rest (97.1%) were polymorphic. We have found 2.0 heterozygous inversions per individual, and the frequency of hetero- and homozygous inversions, taken together, amounted to 2.2 per individual. 17 inversion banding patterns and 20 genotypic combinations of these patterns were found. It was shown that the most frequent inversions in this population were identical to these in European populations.

Loading Russian Kant State University collaborators
Loading Russian Kant State University collaborators