Entity

Time filter

Source Type


He Y.,Anhui Medical University | Ji C.,Anhui Medical University | Hu B.,Anhui Medical University | Hu C.,Anhui Medical University | And 3 more authors.
Chinese Journal of Clinical Oncology | Year: 2012

Objective: This study aims to assess the efficacy and toxicity of the combination of paclitaxel and nedaplatin as a front-line chemotherapy for patients with metastatic esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC). Methods: Patients with metastatic ESCC who previously received no palliative chemotherapy were enrolled into a two-center, open-label, single-arm phase II study. The patients received 175 mg/m2 paclitaxel over a 3 h infusion on day 1, followed by 80 mg/m2 nedaplatin over a 2 h infusion on day 2. The treatments were done every 3 weeks until a documented disease progression occurs, unacceptable toxicity is reached, or when the patient refused treatment. Results: TA total of 39 patients were enrolled in the intention-to-treat analysis of efficacy and adverse events. Of the 36 patients assessed for efficacy, 2 (5.1 %) had complete responses and 16 patients (41.0 %) had partial responses, giving an overall response rate of 46.1 %. With a median follow-up period of 13.1 months (range = 3.3 months to 28.6 months), the median progression-free survival and median overall survival for all patients were 7.1 months (95 % CI, 4.6 months to 9.7 months) and 12.4 months (95 % CI, 9.5 months to 15.3 months), respectively. The toxicities were moderate and manageable. Grade 3/4 toxicities included neutropenia (15.4 %), nausea (10.3 %), anemia (7.7 %), thrombocytopenia (5.1 %), vomiting (5.1 %), and neutropenia fever (2.6 %). Conclusion: The combination of paclitaxel and nedaplatin is active and well tolerated as a first-line therapy for patients with metastatic ESCC. Source


Zhou Y.-S.,Zhengzhou University | Zhou Y.-S.,Nanjing Southeast University | Zhang Y.,Nanjing Southeast University | Tian Y.-Y.,Nanjing Southeast University | And 5 more authors.
Chinese Journal of Cancer Prevention and Treatment | Year: 2014

OBJECTIVE: To explore the cytotoxicity of GNPs and the application of tumor cells of probe by constructing a new nano-bio-probe in the fields of nano-medicine. METHODS: Synthesizing the gold nanoparticles (GNPs) by the citrate reduction method and the probe of GNP@Herceptin was obtained using the method of electrostatic dsorption; The HER-2 protein of MCF-7 and SK-BR-3 was detected by immunohistochemical; Designing 6 kinds of concentrations of GNPs from 12.5 mg/mL to 400 mg/mL and the control group (0 mg/mL) and detecting the cytotoxicity of GNPs by a kit; Designing 6 kinds of concentrations of GNPs, Herceptin and GNP@Herceptin from 6.25 ng/mL to 200 ng/mL and the control group (0 ng/mL) and investigating the proliferation inhibition of MCF-7 and SK-BR-3 by a kit; Designing 3 kinds of concentrations of Herceptin and GNP@Herceptin from 0.25 μg/mL to 1.0 μg/mL and the control group (0 μg/mL) and studying the apoptosis and cell cycle of SK-BR-3 by a kit. The data was analyzed by analysis of variance and independent two-sample t-test. RESULTS: The gold nanoparticles was approximately round in the diameter of (14.11±1.134) nm and claried after absorbing Herceptin. The GNPs and Herceptin had a perfect coupling with the combing rate of 2.25:1; The survival of MCF-7 was 43.9% (t=39.709, P=0.001) when the concentration of GNPs was 400 μg/mL, and when that was 100 μg/mL the survival of SK-BR-3 was 65.1% (t=6.796, P=0.002), it had the toxicity to breast cancer cells. When the concentration of GNPs was 50 μg/mL the survival of SK-BR-3 and MCF-7 were 82.8% (t=1.979, P=0.119) and 99.3% (t=0.177, P=0.868) respectively, they didn't show any toxicity to breast cancer. The low concentration of GNPs had a good biocompatibility. The optimal dose of Herceptin was 7.143 ng for ten thousand cells if it treated with SK-BR-3 cells and GNP@Herceptin could decrease the optimal dose from 50 ng/mL to 25 ng/mL, and the difference had statisticall significance (t=14.774, P<0.001). When the SK-BR-3 was dealt with the highest concentration of GNP@Herceptin, the probe could led the effect of apoptosis from 9.37% to 16.87% (t=6.537, P=0.001), and block the G1 phase of cell cycle from 74.70% to 83.12% (t=5.286, P=0.006), as well as reduce the cell number of the G2/M phase of cell cycle from 14.14% to 6.22% (t=6.732, P=0.003) while comparing with Herceptin. CONCLUSION: The probe of GNP@Herceptin has the stable traits and reduces the dosage of Herceptin at a large proportion, it would have a well medical prospect for the breast cancer patients who has the positive expression of HER-2. Source


Chen C.,Anhui Medical University | Yang J.-M.,Anhui Medical University | Hu T.-T.,Anhui Provincial Cancer Hospital | Xu T.-J.,Anhui Medical University | And 4 more authors.
Archives of Medical Research | Year: 2013

Background and Aims: Human epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) and HER2 (ErbB2) both belong to EGFR family, which are overexpressed in a significant proportion of cases of gastric cancer (GC). Various studies have evaluated the prognostic value of EGFR or HER level in GC. However, the overall test performance remains unclear. We undertook this study to perform a systematic review and meta-analysis of prognostic cohort studies evaluating the use of EGFR or HER2 as a predictor of survival time in patients with GC. Methods: Eligible studies were identified through multiple search strategies. Studies were assessed for quality using the Newcastle-Ottawa Tool. Data were collected comparing overall survival (OS) in patients with high and low EGFR or HER2 level. Studies were pooled and summary hazard ratios were calculated. Results: Studies were listed twice if they provided overall survival data for both EGFR and HER2. Eight studies (seven for EGFR and eight for HER2) were included. Two distinct groups were pooled for analysis and revealed that high EGFR, HER2 levels predicted poor overall (HR= 1.66, 95% CI: 1.35-2.02) and (HR= 1.43, 95% CI: 1.09-1.88) survival. No publication bias was found. Conclusions: This meta-analysis result suggested that EGFR or HER2 should have significant predictive ability for estimating overall survival in GC patients and may be useful for defining prognosis of GC patients. © 2013 IMSS. Source


He Y.-F.,Anhui Medical University | Hu C.-L.,Anhui Medical University | Xu T.-Y.,Anhui Medical University | Fan P.-S.,Anhui Provincial Cancer Hospital | And 6 more authors.
Chinese Journal of Cancer Prevention and Treatment | Year: 2011

OBJECTIVE: To investigate the efficacy and toxicity of the combination of paclitaxel and nedaplatin as first-line chemotherapy for patients with metastatic esophageal cancer. METHODS: Patients with metastatic esophageal cancer received 135-150 mg/m2 of paclitaxel over a 3 h infusion (d1), followed by nedaplatin 80 mg/m2 in a 2 h infusion (d2) every 3 weeks until the documented disease progression, unacceptable toxicity and patient's refusal. RECIST and NCT CTC 3.0 systems were used to evaluate treatment outcome and side effect. RESULTS: The overall response rate was 50.0% (14/28), SD was 35.7% (10/28), and PD was 14.3% (4/28). Two patients (7.1%) were delayed for chemotherapy because of hematological toxicities no more than 1 week. The treatment was well tolerated and no toxic death occurred. CONCLUSION: Combination of paclitaxel and nedaplatin is a tolerable regimen with promising activity in previously untreated metastatic esophageal cancer. Source


He Y.-F.,Anhui Medical University | Ji C.-S.,Anhui Medical University | Hu B.,Anhui Medical University | Fan P.-S.,Anhui Provincial Cancer Hospital | And 6 more authors.
World Journal of Gastroenterology | Year: 2013

Aim: To evaluate the efficacy and safety of paclitaxelnedaplatin combination as a front-line regimen in Chinese patients with metastatic esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC). Methods: A two-center, open-label, single-arm phase II study was designed. Thirty-nine patients were enrolled and included in the intention-to-treat analysis of efficacy and adverse events. Patients received 175 mg/m2 of paclitaxel over a 3 h infusion on 1 d, followed by nedaplatin 80 mg/m2 in a 1 h infusion on 2 d every 3 wk until the documented disease progression, unacceptable toxicity or patient's refusal. Results: Of the 36 patients assessable for efficacy, there were 2 patients (5.1%) with complete response and 16 patients (41.0%) with partial response, giving an overall response rate of 46.1%. The median progression- free survival and median overall survival for all patients were 7.1 mo (95%CI: 4.6-9.7) and 12.4 mo (95%CI: 9.5-15.3), respectively. Toxicities were moderate and manageable. Grade 3/4 toxicities included neutropenia (15.4%), nausea (10.3%), anemia (7.7%), thrombocytopenia (5.1%), vomiting (5.1%) and neutropenia fever (2.6%). Conclusion: The combination of paclitaxel and nedaplatin is active and well tolerated as a first-line therapy for patients with metastatic ESCC. © 2013 Baishideng. All rights reserved. Source

Discover hidden collaborations